The thing is, it wasn't premeditated. Like the best things in life, it just happened because I was trying the think of ways to jazz up the contents of my lunchbox.
I often have low expectations of sandwiches, both homemade and shop bought. They rarely live up to the dream sold on the cellophane wrapper - or in your head as you butter the bread.
But this sarnie was such a supreme being I feel I have to share it with you.
What's more, I felt like I was doing myself some good eating it, although this was purely coincidental because it tasted heavenly.
- Two slices of thick sliced wholemeal bread
- 40g reduced fat hummus
- Two falafels (chopped). I used Cauldron
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced red pepper
- Handful of beansprouts
- Handful of mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, pinenuts and sunflower
- Spread equal amounts of hummus on each slice of bread
- Top one side with the chopped falafels
- Top the other half with the cucumber, peppers and beansprouts
- Add the mixed seeds and sandwich together
- Eat and enjoy!