Wednesday 25 March 2009

Sisterly Love

I HAVE a huge smile on my face.
You might ask why.
Have I just eaten something I shouldn't and not been caught?
Or discovered that a 100g bar of Cadbury's Whole Nut contains no calories?? On this occasion the answer is no.
I've just found out that a fellow foodie blogger nominated me for a Sisterhood Award.
Heavenly Housewife, the author of From Donuts to Delirium, shortlisted me for the gong, after being nominated by Diva on a Diet at Beach Eats.
I guess it's a bit like a chain letter, but with the added compliment that the person giving the award likes what you write, which means a lot to me.
The rules of the award are:
  1. Put the logo on your blog or post (see right).
  2. Nominate at least 10 people whose blogs you enjoy.
  3. Link to your nominees within your post.
  4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on their blogs.
  5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person who has nominated you for the award.
Like Heavenly Housewife I haven't been blogging, or reading blogs for that long, but here are top eight girlie blogs... I also don't know to link my nominees within my post... so I'll give their blog addresses instead.
  • Heavenly Housewife will be able to 'do the double' as I am sending an award straight back to her. From Donuts to Delirium is a blog about a serious food obsession. It's witty, well-written and has lots of mouthwatering pictures. She also has the 'eat cake and be damned' attitude that I love.
  • Leah, a fellow Brummie (originally from Canada) writes Simply Fabulous, an inspiring blog on life and eating healthily. She also has some great tips about feeling good in your own skin.
  • Another healthy foodie is Lara at Thinspired. She takes appetising food pictures and always opens my eyes to new products and recipes.
  • Meanwhile, Helen at Helen's Journey is a new Leeds-based blogger on a road to a healthier lifestyle. She has a great attitude and some brilliant ideas for low-fat eating. www.helensjourney.wordpress.com/
  • Krysia Rozanka writes a beautiful and colourful blog about her life in Bulgaria.
  • Finally, I always enjoy Jessie's Graze With Me blog. This is a girl who, like myself, just wants to eat all day long.
You can link to any of these sights on my blog roll... Thanks for the nomination! Keep reading.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks :D Thats awesome, I get to win twice, that never happens to me. With this winning streak, maybe I should invest in a lottery ticket... Housewife needs a new pair of shoes... and a designer bag... or two... some summer sunglasses...!

Graze With Me said...

Aww, thank you so much for the award. My first one, whoo-hoo! And it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who could always eat a little more! :)

Thinspired said...

YAYAY!! Thank you so much :) This is a lovely way to start the day! Can't wait to get that sucker up on my blog.
Thanks again, Emily! <3

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the award. It's such a great feeling to know other bloggers like your blog.

Mrs Woffington said...

Wow! Thanks so much, that's brilliant :)

Emily said...

Thanks, you all deserve it! I love your blogs!